Happy 6 months to Addison Joy!
Also, she is a) fighting a cold and b) getting over her vaccinations so she looks a lil red eyed, but still sweet :)
So much has happened this month, check out the highlights below.
- WEIGHT: about 18.5 pounds
- HEIGHT: about 26.75 inches (that is my measurement, not the doc)
- HEAD: 17.5 inches (the doc said "she is finally growing into her head")
- DIAPER SIZE: Three (Huggies at the moment)
- CLOTHING SIZE: 9 - 12 months
- TEETHING: She got her first two teeth this month! It was rough cutting them and it was hard to see her in such pain. Hopefully now that she has gone through it once, the next set won't bother her as much.
- FOOD: So far we have introduced oatmeal, rice, pears, carrots and peas. She is still having elimination problems, so we give her pears at every meal.
- BREASTFEEDING: We are still breastfeeding 4 times a day. She is very efficient now; all her day time nursing periods are 8 minutes or less. Her last feeding is about 10 minutes. I have to remind myself that she is getting what she needs between nursing and solids because 8 minutes or less seems TOO FAST! I cant remember if I have shared this or not, but we have filled the ENTIRE freezer full of stored milk! We are DETERMINED to make it to one year or until she can have cows milk.
- CRAWLING/SCOOTING: When she is on her tummy, she is pulling herself to slowly scoot on the floor. She also pulls her legs under her, but once they are there--she does not know what to do with them :) I am still hoping we skip crawling since she does NOT like being on her tummy EVER.
- PERSONALITY: She loves to smile and loves to make people laugh. The best way to get her to laugh, is laugh at her. She has also started to cry for attention, but usually if you just say something to her, she is fine. Addison is a very curious girl. She studies things so intently to figure things out. Except for teething, sickness, etc. she is a very contented baby. I am grateful for such a good baby, but...Babywise definitely helped! She is in love with her Daddy; she cannot keep her eyes off him when he is in the room. Addison has also developed her first crush; a little 15 month old we go to church with. Nicholas likes to share with her and play with her--Addison just stares at him, HA!
- SWADDLE: We have only been wrapping her body in the swaddle for months now (her arms have been free to move), but since she can roll in bed we decided it was time to test no swaddle (that and she is too long for the swaddle blanket). We are testing it off and on for naps currently. She seems to awaken a little easier, but overtime she will adjust!
- SIGN LANGUAGE: Addison has signed "milk", "eat" and "finished" a few times. I am not sure it was on purpose or not, but...nonetheless we were pleased. My resources indicate most babies will not sign back until about 8 months. I cannot wait until she is doing it all the time!
- SIPPY CUP: We are still giving her a cup to try to sip from each day. Sometimes she sucks, sometimes she bites it. It is VERY early so I am not expecting much for a while. One time I tried to offer the sippy cup before a time we would have normally nursed and she cried; she wanted milk :)
- PHOTOGRAPHER:We are in the process of scheduling a photographer to take some photojournalist type photos (this is the same style as our wedding...more CANDID). We will take mostly pictures of her, but we will get a few with Matthew and I. The girl taking them is actually a girl I went to high school with; she lives about 40 miles from us. We are SUPER excited because we plan on these being the only professional pictures we take (trying to be "thrifty" and take out own *smile*).
- RANDOM FUNNIES: She clicks her tongue, walks when you hold her hands, holds on to things to stand, gives "five" (sometimes), loves the breeze blowing in her face, pets Piper, plays peek a boo (by pulling something off her face or yours), follows Daddy's voice everywhere, cries when I leave her in the nursery at church
- 8:00 (or 8:30) to 9:00: Wake up, Nurse, Eat (Oatmeal, Pears)
- 9:00 to 10:15: Wake time (blanket time--independent play, bouncer, tummy
- time, interactive play with mommy)
- 10:15 to 12:00: Nap
- 12:00: Nurse, Eat (Oatmeal, Pears)
- 12:00 to 2:15 (or 2:30): Wake time (go on a walk, read, play with mommy)
- 2:15 to 4:00: Nap
- 4:00: Nurse, Eat (Veggie, Pears)
- 4:00 to 8:00: Waketime (Bath every other day, reading, family time, etc) she still takes a 20-30 min catnap at about 6:30 IF she did not nap well for the other two naps.
- 8:00: Nurse plus give 6 oz bottle
- 8:15: BEDTIME (aka, Matthew and Kelly RELAX!!!)
- 10:00: Kelly pumps :( to maintain milk supply (see what I mean by breast feeding is a commitment *smile*)
I am sure I have left something off, but that's all I have time for now :)
We hope that this helps everyone as the are "Keeping Up With The Grant Gang". Love to all!
I TOLD you she would sign at 5 months! I told you, I told you, I told you!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the standing picture, she may just skip to walking :).
Haha! Just go straight to running, Stori? Haha!
ReplyDeleteAddison is so tall!! Yey! Love all these details. Can't wait to talk more about everything :)
Don't hope to skip crawling!! That's when she learns her alternating arm and leg movements!! The physical therapist in me is coming out:) we never want to skip major motor milestones...even though some babies will. Noah never liked tummy time either, but he crawled just fine.
ReplyDeleteKelly
What a happy growing girl!
ReplyDelete