Here are some stats and developments:
- Weight: Approximately 17ish pounds
- Diaper Size: Full time in size 3 (well, I have about 12 size 2's to finish off first)
- Breastfeeding: We are still only nursing/giving expressed milk. No formula. I always said "breastfeeding is a commitment not just a choice". And there are so many days when it would be MUCH EASIER to give up. Our original goal for nursing was 2 months with a dream of 12 months; we have made it to 5 and I am proud! However, I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the encouragement by not only Matthew but also my friends Stori (her baby is very close to Addison's age, we are pen pals of sorts), Mandie and Amber. Thanks for encouraging me!!
- Food: We tried cereal (her first solids) in August and although Addison enjoyed the experience and the taste (not to mention she was good at eating off the spoon) the cereals were rough on her tummy. After she had so much trouble keeping the food down and getting clogged up, the doctor asked us to come in just to make sure everything was ok. Addison was perfect and the doctor agreed she is psychologically ready for food however she just has a generally sensitive tummy. So, we took a break and will reintroduce this weekend but MUCH slower. They recommended introducing new foods MUCH slower than most parents do since her tummy is sensitive. This makes me feel so blessed we have breastfed this long because that is the easiest on any baby much less one with a sensitive tummy.
- Motor skills: Addison is really developing her fine motor skills, she uses her FINGERS to touch, pick up and discover rather than just her hands.
- Personality: Wow, where to begin. She is a generally contented baby who LOVES HER SLEEP!!!!!!! She has a sweet laid back nature about her. Addison is also a little show off; when people are watching her she just grins and coos and giggles. She loves laughing and smiling especially at Piper and Daddy. Another thing that makes her smile and giggle are kisses!!! No matter who it is---she smiles HUGE when someone kisses her! Also, she is quite a thinker; she will just stare at something trying to understand it!! My friend Stori conjectures she will be a scientist!!
- Separation Anxiety: I didn't think this monster would visit so soon, but it did. My little independent Addison has realized when she has been left alone to play. I am confident it is a phase and will pass very soon. In the meantime, we have been working on teaching her that Mommy will ALWAYS come back. I do not run and pick her up every time she has one of these moments, even though I really want to. I remind myself that we must TRAIN not RETRAIN. Meaning, train her in the right behaviors NOW as opposed to training her with the wrong behaviors now because its easier and having to RETRAIN her later.
Some Firsts:
- Ate solids
- Dressed in 6-12 month clothes
- She rolled from back to tummy this month!!!! She can roll both ways now! However, now that she has done it several times---she doesnt care to do it again, typical for Addison.
- Attended her first birthday party (Khloe and Piper's pool party!)
- Pulls to standing. Addison only wants to sit and stand....she is "so over" laying on her back or tummy. As soon as she grabs your hands she will pull herself to sitting then to standing (video coming soon).
- Beginnings of crawling (video coming soon)
This is her new noise...razzing!!


Happy birthday, Addison! :)
ReplyDeleteThe pics of her are so precious!
Yeeeey! OMG, she's just so grown up! I'm serious :) Loving all her new developments :)
ReplyDeleteShe is going to be a little scientist! She is!!! Addison is such a sweetheart, and such a goof already. I love the picture of you two! I also love the picture of her sleeping, I want to give her a kiss and get one of those famous smiles :).
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how fast she is growing and developing. See you in October!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures!! She is so sweet!! I can't believe she is in size 3 diapers! That is what size Reese is in...LOL!! Addison just gets cuter and cuter each day :)
ReplyDelete