Solids-Take Two
As you may (or may not) have read in a previous post, we stop solids after one and half weeks in and just restarted about 2 weeks ago. Although Addison was psychologically ready, her tummy was apparently not. We reintroduced VERY slowly. We started with 2 teaspoons once and day and ramped up the amount to probably 4 tablespoons over one and a half weeks. We also let the consistency be a little on the runny side so as to not clog her up. We only just recently added cereal twice a day. We plan to hang out with twice a day for another week or so. Since the reintroduction, she has been very gassy and you can tell uncomfortable. The doctor said we will just have to get over this hump, so we are waiting...somewhat patiently :) But, we will get there eventually. I already made her carrots for her first veggie and cant wait to test them out. I will post how I made the carrots once she actually tries them. I know how much she LOVES eating big girl food so I cannot wait to move on to other foods! AND I CANT WAIT TO MAKE THEM!!!!!
Teething
Addison has two bottom teeth coming in. Can this be real? This early? Yes, it is true! I have read some babies don't even notice teething, while others are particularly sensitive. Addison is latter...majorly. I feel so bad for her because she TRIES not to grunt and whine, but sometimes---ya just gotta vent. On the other hand, she has been ULTRA sweet in the moments the teeth have not been bothering her. She has been very uncomfortable since Saturday so I am hoping we are over the hump. It appears that the teeth are almost all the way through the gums. Whew! I tried tylenol, teething tablets, oragel and teething rings. I think she prefers to tough it out without much assistance.
& More
Walking: Addison has been learning to take steps lately when you hold her fingers to stand up, she walks around. Sometimes she will really get going, other times...she just moseys around.
Crawling: She can push all the way up on her hands and sometimes pulls her feet under her, but only scoots a tiny bit. I still maintain she will skip crawling. But, I will not be ashamed if I am wrong :)
Pacifier: I keep forgetting to share about this. For about a month now, Addison can see her pacifer, pick it up and put it in her mouth on her own. In fact, she can find them in the middle of the night in her bed and put them in. It kind of freaked me out the first time she did it over night....I was like "did a ghost do that? No way did a 4 month old just figure that out." Sure enough...she did.
Dreamfeed: After much debate, we dropped the dreamfeed (the 10 PM feeding where she was basically asleep). We dropped it cold turkey and she never skipped a beat. She eats 4 times a day now...every 4 hours. BUT...in order to maintain milk supply...Mommy must do 5 feedings (aka pump...BOO).
Eyes: Her eyes are changing colors. They look green now. Maybe they stay green or maybe they will go to brown as I anticipate. Its been so fun watching them change!
She is just growing up too fast!!! See a few sweet pics below :)
How did I miss this??? I just want to eat her up she looks so scrumptious in these pictures! I love her little wrinkly nose... and she has the best hand/eye coordination of any baby EVER!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on her!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the crinkled nose!! She is a doll!
ReplyDeleteHow can Addison the cutest girl already, get cuter??? You are truly blessed!!
ReplyDeleteI love love love this post! Every detail and picture is just so perfect! Definitely in the top 10 Addison posts :)
ReplyDelete