Happy 10 Months Addison Joy!!
I cannot believe I am writing this post; 10 months? My baby is growing up so quickly and is almost, dare I say it, a toddler!?! January has been an exciting month, in fact as I type this Addison and I are at Gambrell Manor while Matthew is away on business for two weeks.
The Stats and Milestones
Weight: Not much more than her 9 month weight I would imagine; she's losing a lot of her baby chub but getting long.
Height: Never sure unless it is done by the doctor, but I would guess 29.5 or 30 inches maybe?
Diaper Size: 3 during the day and 4 at night still
Clothing: 12 Month except for PJ's (18 month is most of those, brand depending)
Personality: Still a little scientist and loves to get a laugh; what a clown!! She has thrown a few brief tantrums when she does not get her way or you take something away from her but (thankfully) recovers quickly. Addison is also starting to really show excitement when Matthew comes home from work and is clinging to him lots (which is a relief for me sometimes). I have always said she is a people pleaser and that still seems to be holding true. She wants so bad to do the right thing, maybe she is a rule follower like me. She is just as sweet as she can be most of the time, especially when she wakes up from sleeping, she just wants to give you sugar!!!
Mobility: On January 26 she FINALLY started to consistently sit herself up from crawling/laying. She had been doing it in her crib off and on prior to 1/26, but now she does it all the time! She can stand up on her own for short periods of time, cruises along furniture a bit and tries to pull up on many things (especially ME). She is still an army crawler but man she is FAST. She loves walking around everywhere while holding on to you.
Breastfeeding: Whew, it has been a challenging month in this department. We are in it for as long as we can this month, but any day we might start making the switch to cow's milk. No matter what, I am so thankful we were able to reach our ultimate goal!!!!!
Routine: Addison is most definitely a creature of habit, as are most babywise babies I assume. She sleeps 12 hours at night and takes two naps (one morning and one afternoon) about 1.5-2.5 hours each. From time to time I still have to wake her up from naps to ensure she does not sleep too much during the day. I am so thankful for such a great sleeper!
Talking: JABBER JAW!! She talks almost every moment she is awake and thinks she is saying actually words. In fact, she even jabbers what sounds like a sentence and looks at you for a response. She has said a few words but they maybe on accident: Mommy, Daddy, Dada, Out, Duck, Dog and I think that's it. There are many words that she says the same gibberish for every time as if the gibberish is the actual word. She totally understands most things you say to her now, it is so neat.
Independent Play: Addison LOVES her independent play time. We do independent play in the play pen for 20 minutes in the morning and 15-20 minutes in the evening while I cook dinner. She seems to enjoy this time tremendously and gets so excited when the timer beeps and she gets to turn it off.
Teeth: She still has eight teeth, but this month has exhibited all the signs that her pre-molars are coming. Yikes!
Food: We are doing lots of table food now so she is getting lots of finger food practice. She loves anything with LOTS of flavors and herbs and spices. We could not be more proud of her high chair manners and are SO SO SO glad we started this so young. We continue to work on sippy cup etiquette (she knocks it off the table when she is finished) but are very pleased that she is so proficient with the cup so young.
Visitors: We enjoyed a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Grant in January. Addison loved some one on one time with her Grandparents while Matthew and I enjoyed a very very rare night out alone.
Sweet Miscellaneous:
- Music: She has always loved music but when she hears Matthew playing at church (he leads worship for the contemporary service we attend) she watches him in awe saying "oooooo" while clapping her hands.
- Blowing Kisses: She LOVES blowing kisses to everyone!
- Dancing: She will thrash her head around when you say "dance, dance, dance"
- Monkey: When asked "What does a monkey say?" She makes a monkey face and noise.
Coming up......I am leaving Addison OVERNIGHT with Matthew in February while I go to part of my church's women's retreat. Matthew will do a fantastic job (better than I do I am certain), but it is going to be so odd to be without her overnight. I am so nervous, isn't that weird??
Video and Pictures
(I did not have many pictures on the laptop I brought to Gambrell manor)
She loves to fed you a bite every now and then.
DANG, she can eat! That's awesome that she is getting some of Mia's cooking!
ReplyDelete