Saturday, February 12, 2011

Easy Berry Cobbler

I have made this cobbler several times for several different groups of people. I absolutely love this recipe and several people have asked for it so I decided to share it here.

I love the recipe not only because it is SUPER easy, but also because I can always have the ingredients on hand for that last minute "need".

(adapted from Southern Living Magazine, July 2008)

Ingredients

  • 4 Cups fresh blackberries (alternatively I use one package frozen mixed berries when berries are out of season; you can also use any other fresh berries/fruit; peaches and strawberries are a great combo when they are in season)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 6 tbsp butter (I use less, maybe 3-4 tablespoons)
  • 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (I just guesstimate this)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Place berries/fruit in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish
  • Sprinkle berries/fruit with 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
  • Stir together 1 large egg, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup all purpose flour until mixture resembles coarse meal; sprinkle over fruit
  • Drizzle butter over cobbler evenly (this is what makes it crispy and YUMMY)
  • Bake at 375 for 35 min or until lightly browned and bubbly (mine usually takes closer to 40 or more minutes)
  • Serve warm with whipped cream

The frozen fruit works great because you can always keep the ingredients for this on hand AND it makes LOTS of juice J

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for this recipe. Love it with whipped cream, or it would be great with vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete