Wednesday, March 2, 2011

11 Months, Can it be??



Happy 11 Months Addison Joy!!

I cannot believe in less than a month Addison will be a year old, where has time gone?? This month was full of ups and downs but its easy to forget the downs. Some of the downs: double ear infection and a not so pleasent flight from MS to DC. Some of the ups: she is saying more and more words, learning more sign language, understanding more of what you say and getting so mobile.

The Stats
  • Weight: Hovering around 21 pounds; she lost quite a bit of weight when she got sick
  • Height: 30 inches I would guess
  • Clothes: 12 months and some 18 months. Depends on the brand
  • Diaper Size: 4

Milestones
  • Talking: She can "say" so many words now and can look at pictures of a couple of things and identify them. For example, she can see a picture of a baby, daddy, duck and Addison and say each of those words. Now let me tell you her words on not pronounced perfectly but she sure says those words and many more. It is so exciting to see her learn words!
  • Mobility: I believe she is still very far from walking, which is fine with us! She has a lot of baby and height to drag around. Plus, she is an observer so she is happy watching rather than getting up and joining in. She pulls up on EVERYTHING and cruises around on everything as well. She sometimes does a regular crawl now too versus her usual army crawl. She is much faster army crawling though.
  • Breastfeeding: Oh man....we are quitting in a matter of days. As soon as she's finished with her antibiotics---straight to the cup with cow's milk we go! She was doing great with milk in her cup until she got sick then she would drink from a cup OR bottle---ONLY ME!!!! This is the first time EVER she has ONLY wanted to nurse. We are thinking we will continue a bedtime bottle with expressed milk until 13-14 months or until she wont take it which ever comes first. So technically she will be breastfed the whole first year. I feel blessed we made it this long!!!! Thank you to all my friends and family who encouraged me every step of the way--I could not do it without you. A special thank you to my most precious husband who not only encouraged me but also helped me eat right and stay focused on the commitment. I don't see how people do it for a year on their second, third and subsequent children--wow!
  • Eating: We are pretty much off all purees with the exception of a few here and there (especially fruits to ensure she is hydrated). It is so fun giving her some table food and some super yummy "toddler" foods such as turkey loaf, sweet potato fries, Chicken and Rice Peach Stew, toast with homemade fruit paste, pancakes, etc. I still do not LOVE mealtimes, but it is beginning to grow on me.
  • Personality: Not much to report here that is any different than previous posts. Addison is still quite an observer; the church nursery all love Addison because she is so well behaved but they joke because she usually finds one spot with one toy and stays there watching everyone. She does not like diaper/clothing changes and has started a bit of separation anxiety again. Addison is truly a JOY and lights up a room with her goof ball faces.
  • Routine: I AM LOVING THIS ROUTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! She only takes two naps but they are LONG!! She naps from 10am-12:00 or 12:30pm and then again from 2:30pm-4:30 or 5:00pm; not to mention she sleeps from 7:45 or 8:00pm to 8:00 am. I am not convinced she is actually asleep that entire time, but she sure doesn't make a peep.
  • Teeth: Oh man do I hate hate teething! She is about to get her pre-molars in. Poor thing gets her teeth so early, I think she doesnt know how to handle it. I am so over it, but she really is a trooper.
  • Independent Play: After vacation for 2 weeks followed by a week of sickness, this has been a challenge. She is back to 15 minutes of independent play once a day. Our goal is 20-25 minutes in the morning and then 15 minutes in the evening. We will get back though!

Coming Up
  • The Spring Consignment Sale is coming up at my church and I cannot wait---WE NEED CLOTHES!!!! AND Addison will be in the nursery all day for 2.5 days so it will be great for her!!!
  • We are turning her car set forward facing on April 1...YAY!! I am so ready for this, then she and I can chat in the car better!
  • Her first birthday party, not sure what I am doing yet....but my old high school friend made these cupcake pops and I may have to try it out too!!! Tonya---Any words of wisdom??? Either way, I will throw something together the week before I am sure!
Pictures & Videos

Bloopers from the 11 month photo shoot, she loves sticking her tongue out. Good thing we are ending the monthly pictures at 12 months cause she wont sit still anymore!

Monkey face; she loves to do this at people because she always gets a laugh.

How about I hold the sign mommy??? Much more exciting!

She is ready to be done with independent play, ha! The timer went off and she is reaching for it!

Loves helping Daddy on the computer.

Cooking pizza with mommy; I cannot wait until she can stand on a step stool and really help. One of my fondest memories growing up is helping my mom cook; she was/is such a great teacher. If only I could cook like my mom!!!

Daddy's light saber!

This is how she waits for Matthew to come home sometimes.

Spaghetti is messy!

Mommy with her girls.

I really just wanted a picture of her outfit. I HAD to get the shift because she got so excited when she saw the frogs.

hehehe, I love the frogs and I dont know why!


Clean Up Sign


Jump, Jump, Jumping....but not getting much air. If any of you have seen ME try to jump, you might know where she gets this from :)

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures of AJ. I can't believe she is almost a year old. WOW time is pasting to fast. Miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching videos of her :) You have done amazing with the breastfeeding...and yes nursing mothers deserve praise and should get a medal :) Its takes amazing persistence and dedication to stick with it.

    I am in love with the cake pops I made! I will be doing them again and again for other holidays. Here is my blog post on it (as always as away if you have questions):

    http://thesweatmanfamily.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-make-mini-cupcake-pops.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. She can wear a barrette in her hair. How cute. Cake pops...sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete