Addison has been blowing us away with her communication skills; she signs and speaks SO much already! I made some cookies for a church function the other night. I picked up a cookie to taste test them of course and then preceded to sit down with Addison to play. Well she was every interested in what I had so I decided to let her give it a try. I gave her ONE bite and she wanted more naturally, but alas I said no.
About 30 minutes later I picked her up and brought her in the kitchen to show Matthew the dress her grandma Grant made. She saw the pile of cooling cookies (which she had not seen me pull my cookie from), pointed at it.....said "eeee", gave the "eat sign" followed by the "please" sign. And repeated. We could not believe that a) she made an entire POLITE sentence with sign language and b) that she even knew that was the cookie she was eating earlier.
Of course we had to recreate it for the video camera, she did not do the eat sign here but for a recreation this was pretty good....so check this out....
Please ignore my haggard appearance...remember I am still sick.
I hope you gave her a cookie!
ReplyDeleteHAHA...we did giver her another bite of a cookie after that :)
ReplyDeleteIf you give a baby a cookie...
ReplyDeleteI am impressed!
ReplyDeleteDitto Mia! I'm so impressed! Totally a smart girl, and yes, so great that she does not have to be frustrated and upset and is able to communicate what she wants!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you gave her another bite of cookie! She is so smart.
ReplyDelete