It all started on Wednesday March 16 when I came down with the WORST stomach virus EVER. I wont give details, but it was so bad that after all night of being sick I wound up in the ER with TWO bags of IV. Sheesh. I guess nursing and being sick like that will dehydrate you.
The next day I was still feeling blah, but started getting a headache and a bit of a cough. I did not think much of it until Addison ALSO started coughing just a tiny bit. Over the next few days Addison and I both started getting some congestion. By Tuesday March 22, Addison was wheezing so we had to take her to the doctor....Wednesday the doctor confirmed she was wheezing and needed to be on breathing treatments every 4 hours. AND he said she should NOT be in childcare for a week or so. Well normally that is not a big deal for us since I stay at home with her. During church she is in the nursery but missing one week is not terrible BUT...this was consignment week. What is consignment week you ask? Well it is a children's/baby consignment sale at my church benefiting a local pregnancy center and I am on the leadership team. That means, Addison is supposed to be in childcare for two days solid...and I found out the NIGHT BEFORE. Oh man I was stressed. Luckily everyone was able to step in and help me out at the sale and Matthew got home an hour early both days. I felt terrible being away from her when she was so sick :(
She took her treatments PERFECTLY...I am not exaggerating, she did not even move, it was so sweet.
All the while, I was neglecting my ailments which proved to be a bad idea. By Thursday I was so stopped up I could not breath...but of course I was too busy to call the doctor, until MONDAY. And by Monday MATTHEW was sick too!!! AHHHHH...so we all piled in the car Tuesday to head to the doctor. Matthew and I both had bad sinus infections. My doctor said I should never wait two weeks before coming in next time.
I am pleased to report, Addison is 95% back to normal, just a bit of a cough still.
Matthew is MUCH MUCH better now that he is on medicine and feeling better too!
Me? Ehh...I am allergic to amoxocillin so....there arent many antibiotics I can take to help with a sinus infection. Needless to say, I am still under the weather but honestly...I am THANKFUL I do not have a stomach virus anymore! WHEW...I hate those things!!!!!
Here's hoping we are all healed by Addison's First Birthday Party Sunday!!!! YAY!!!
I wish that I could be at Addison's birthday! I am so thankful you are all ok.
ReplyDeleteI remembered we shared the penicillin allergy....it really does shorten your list of meds to take for sinus issues...but your dr is sooooo right, don't ever wait it out past 7 days! I say this 2 sinus surgeries later :) Glad everyone in the "gang" is on the mend!
ReplyDelete