Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nebraska Home Tour: Playroom Wonderland

Here is the first in a series of posts showing our new home in Nebraska.  I cannot say it enough, we are blessed with this new place---we have so much more room to spread out.  We came from 1000 square feet and only two bedrooms so I hardly know what to do with all this space!

First up--Playroom Wonderland.  This is probably one of my favorite rooms in the house.  Previously, we used our living room as the primary place to play and since I do not like toys just sitting out everywhere in plain site on a regular basis, it meant we had to be creative with storage and clean up.  Although we (Addison included) clean the playroom everyday before nap and bedtime it is wonderful for the children to have a place to play together and spread out.  And the adults have their own space; I do not take these separate areas for granted!
This is sorta the guest quarters too since there is a half bath off this room.  We use the bed as a couch for reading time.  The playpen is for Caleb's daily independent play time--and to keep big sister from knocking him over when I am out of the room.

 Addison calls that her "Castle".

For the artist during art time and when we work on letters/numbers (which, sadly, has been rare lately).

 Can you tell how we spend most our time?  READING! 
My FAVORITE memory of the play room already is walking in to find Addison reading "The Lorax" to Caleb; she has most of it memorized so she told the story quite well!

Music Corner.

My mom's BEAUTIFUL stained glass.  An A and a C for the princess and prince of this playroom wonderland.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    I'm so happy for you! I'm hoping to find an excuse to come visit Matt at his new job. Would love to finally meet the little ones.
    What a great house!

    ReplyDelete