My Little Joy is FOUR, I cannot believe it!!!!
Stats
Weight: 37 lbs (she lost two pounds in the last couple months, but she just went through a tall spurt) 65%
Height: 42.05 inches, 91%
BP: 94/56
Shoe Size: 9.5-10
Clothing: 5 slim or 5
Doc Summary: Since 15 months old, she has stayed right around 60-70% in weight. She has stayed in the 90s for height since birth. She is our long and lean girl---just like daddy! Her "Little" brother officially weights more than her; hard to believe. She looked perfectly healthy and did a fantastic job following the doctors instructions. Addison has been complaining about her ear for several weeks (like 6) but last time we checked with the doctor it was not infected. This time the pedi said that there is fluid sitting on her ear; we will try some antibiotics and if it will not clear up it looks like we will be headed to the ENT. She got two shots and I think my very pregnant hormones kicked in and I got teary eyed when Addison screamed in pain. She recovered quickly and we are done with HER immunizations for a LONG time now---we are already ready for kindergarten in fact!
Aspirations: She has consistently said doctor for over a year now!
Fav Foods: All fruit, pasta, cheese, quesadillas, carrots, anything sweet, enchiladas, chicken noodle soup, hummus, pretzels, bread
Least Favorite Foods: Anything bland, asparagus, spicy foods other than salsa, eggs, chili, honestly she eats everything but prefers these things least
Favorite things: Playing with her brother, pretending to play school or "go on a trip", school, reading, reading, reading, puzzles, games, AWANAS, knowing the rules, going to school, video time, BOYS
Least Favorite Things: Not being in charge, breaking rules, losing privileges, being told what to do, getting dirty
Personality: Addison is still a rule follower and functions best when she knows the rules and boundaries in every situation. I find that she most often struggles when I have not clearly defined her boundaries or rules in a given circumstance. She hates to disappoint us or get into trouble so when she DOES, it is pretty epic and her feelings get hurt. I know what that feels like---I punished myself as much as my parents did growing up. Addison is a wonderful example to those younger than her for the most part and always has the interest of others in mind. Her nature is to care and show concern for others. She rarely deifies us, but does frequently show her distaste for something through her attitude or sass. I think I prefer compliance with a bad attitude than breaking rules (cue Caleb). She is truly a joy and I really believe the world will be a better place because of her, she will change the world! She loves Jesus and loves to talk about and learn about him. She knows more than us!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Months, 2010
One Year; 2011
2 Years, 2012
3 Years, 2013
4 Years, 2014
My dearest Little Joy:
You will never know the depth of my love for you. You are the most amazing little girl. You are smart, conscientious, sassy, caring, thoughtful and just a delight. I am so proud of the beautiful, both inside and out, little girl you are growing into. You amaze me with your intelligence and adeptness---You will out smart me soon, my love. I admire your passion not just for general learning but for learning about Jesus. Addison, you have a pure knowledge of our Heavenly father and are already anxious to share his love. I hope that fire for Jesus continues to burn stronger each day---you my darling will change this world one day, if you want to. I know that my expectations are exceedingly high of you but I hope you understand one day that it is because I am certain you are capable of greatness. I know you are only four, but I can see something great in you. I hope I live long enough to see you achieve this greatness I am certain of, but if I don't just remember these words: you are great, you will be great--if that is your desire.
Forgive me when I lose my temper, for I am imperfect too. Forgive me when you feel like you do not measure up, for you do; you exceed all my expectations! Forgive me when you need a hug and I render punishment instead, for it is my duty to discipline. Forgive me for failing you in some moments for I know I have. Forgive me for falling short, for as you know---we all do. Thank you for your grace, my sweetness.
As I write this, we are awaiting the arrival of your second sibling and I am most excited about watching you love this baby more than anything else. You are an amazing sister. I love you more with each day that passes. Happy Fourth Birthday Amazing Addison.


A touching update. Thank you.
ReplyDelete