Here is a little info on Manna:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head -- which makes up just a third of her body size now.
How am I feeling?
Oh the sweet relief...I can breathe again!! I was amazed that my tummy seemed to "pop out" the past few days. I had to go to the doctor for something not really Manna related and I am happy to report I am FINALLY not in a weight deficit anymore! I admit, I am not one to concern myself too much with weight gain during pregnancy because I just want a BIG and HEALTHY baby! Otherwise, feeling pretty great!!!!! I do have the occasional heart burn which is odd---I did not have that with Addison until I was about 36 weeks. I am also feeling THANKFUL as well that we made it through the first trimester because the odds of miscarriage are significantly reduced now (that is why we waited to share news until 11.5 weeks).
What's in a name?
So...as of this moment we plan to not select names until Lil Manna arrives. We have an incredibly long list that I keep adding to. We want to meet Lil Manna before selecting a suitable name. My pen pal did this with her little girl (she also did not find out gender) and I loved it! It was almost as if Isla helped pick her own name!!!
However, we reserve the right to change our minds on this matter :)
Prayer/Praise this week:
Thank you, thank you, thank you and praise you heavenly father for getting us safely through the first trimester. I praise you for this precious little one now, I praise you for all he/she will become one day!! I pray he/she would come into a relationship with you very early. Lord, show us how we can use this baby and pregnancy to glorify your kingdom! I ask you to keep your hand over this baby; protect him/her. Thank you again for the honor of being a parent to not only this little one but my most precious Addison Joy as well. Be with Addison, help us prepare her. We love you and praise you for this and ALL your blessings!
That is a neat idea-- waiting til the baby is born for the naming :) I have had a little running list of baby names in my wallet since I was 14. Lots of scratch outs and revisions, but I still have it! I don't know if I could wait on gender OR naming....you are so strong ;)
ReplyDeleteI thought I commented??? Weird.
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll share some of your short list names with us... peeeeeze!!!!
On our part, it wasn't so much will power as just not having any names that we both could agree on! Isla's name ended up coming from God, and I am so thankful. We had been praying on it together for a while, and even though God loves to wait until the last possible minute... He always comes through!