Almost 25 weeks which means not too long before we will start taking your wages on the gender, arrival date and weight! YAY!
24 Weeks with Addison
24 Weeks with Manna
I think we need to change Manna's nickname to Movin' Manna...whew! I thought Addison was a mover, but no sir. Not compared to Manna. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the moving though, no complaints; it reminds me Manna is doing superbly.
Next up---Glucose Screening Test next month.
Doctor/Midwife visit: I had a regular doctor visit Tuesday. Everything measured well and the heartbeat was normal--150's. My blood pressure was a bit high FOR ME (anything about 115 is high for me but amazing for most people), but I had just had coffee and finished sweating to death. I took my own pressure about 15 minutes later and it was 114 over 65, back to its low self. The midwife was not the least bit concerned about my blood pressure given how active I am until I said I had coffee. She gave me a lecture about caffeine withdrawals in the baby and the baby being jittery when it is born. She asked about my caffeine intake with Addison to which I responded "I had more" and Addison was not jittery in the least, in fact---she was quite the opposite. I only have one cup of half caf a day or two on a special occasion; and sometimes I have none. Every medical practitioner has their own opinion on this topic; my doctor in Birmingham told me if a cup or two of coffee keeps me sane---do it in moderation!!! She thought it was fine. So, I will cut back when I can but otherwise, I am not worried. There are worse things I could do i.e. eat sugar all the time, NOT get regular heart elevating exercise, NOT do prenatal yoga to prepare my body for labor, eat too little, eat too much, eat fast foods, the list goes on. We pick our battles :)
The midwife reviewed some of my labor information from Addison's delivery and after we chatted I said "I am hoping for another big baby, God willing, even if I labor for 36 hours again it is worth it". She said in all her years of medical practice she has never heard anyone say they want a big baby, so I was happy to be her first. Call me crazy.
Lil info on Manna at 24 weeks: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree".
How am I feeling: Oh fantastic!!!! I am 2 miles walking about times a week and trying to fit in the prenatal yoga as much as possible too. Being pregnant is such an honor and a blessing. I do actually enjoy it. Oh sure there are days that I am tired or my back hurts but overall---wow. I am blessed.
Prayer this week: Thank you Father for every tiny movement you bless us with, it gives us such blessed reassurance that baby Manna is doing well. Please help us to not take a single moment of this pregnancy (or baby) for granted. Help us take every moment captive to you. We give you all the glory and honor for this special child. We do ask you to please continue to keep Manna healthy and strong and we acknowledge that you, and you alone, are responsible for his/her safety thus far---thank you. Prepare hour hearts, minds, home and, in my case, body for Manna's arrival. I pray a special blessing over our "Blessing" Addison, prepare her for the transitions to come. Give us the knowledge and wisdom on how to prepare her.
You look so adorable!! I have a cup of coffee every morning too :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, you keep drinking that cup of coffee, Sister! Manna's not going to go through withdrawal because you'll still be drinking it while breastfeeding, so it's all good. I understand, my one cup of black tea a day is an absolute necessity. :) Lookin' sharp!
ReplyDeletecannot believe that you're so far along! Best wishes for a calm and healthy rest of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Kelly (and Matt). Enjoy the new little one.
ReplyDelete