Since I do not post regular updates on Addison I thought I would do a random one on the topic of her verbal development. We are definitely in a second round of verbal explosions here in the Grant Gang home. Addison can say almost any word you ask her to, including some more complicated ones (backpack, sticker, strawberry, goldfish etc.). This week she has also started putting THREE words together; I cannot believe she is growing up so fast. Her pronunciation is getting clearer and more precise with each passing day too. It is simply amazing to watch the development every single day. Her verbal skills will no doubt come in handy when Manna arrives.
So what else does this mean? Well, it means she is starting to drop a few of her signs simply because she can say the words. The sign language is still handy and used almost a million times a day, but she uses a few less frequently (finished and dog signs seem to be fading). When she is sleepy or does not feel well, she opts for the signs more. Secondly, it means sometimes she gets frustrated when she cannot say the sentence or express herself verbally; this is when I encourage her to sign. Lastly, it means sometimes she simply talks your ear off!!!
Here are a few of our favorite two and three sentences right now:
- "Up Above The World" and "How I Wonder" from 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'
- "Rock the Baby"
- "All Better"
- "All Done"
- "Truck Go By"
- "Play Music Please"
- "More Music Please"
- "Dick Fall Down" and "Oh Mother" from her Dick and Jane books
- "Daddy's Home"
- "Bye Bye ___ (fill in the blank with truck, flower, baby, daddy, mommy, bush, ect. just about anything)
- "Get Down"
- "Change Diaper"
- "Bless You Mommy"
- Every couple of letters in the ABC's
- She can sing parts of many songs, some words are clear, some are mumbled.
Amazing!!! Isla continues to rock "Hi! Hi! Hi!" :), and few other words and that's it! She is saying "Paca" (bye bye) in Russia, which is pretty cool!
ReplyDeleteShe is so smart!! I would love a video or just a skpye date.
ReplyDelete