Friday, July 8, 2011

Cow Appreciation Day

Unbeknownst to me today was cow appreciation day at Chick-Fil-A. If you dressed up as a cow you got a FREE MEAL. WOW, what a great deal!! What does this mean? COMPLETE CHAOS at one of the very rare free standing Chick-Fil-A's within an hour of D.C. I have never seen so many cow dressed people packed into a tiny fast food joint!

For several days now, my friend Melissa (along with her 2 year old Elle) and I had planned to have lunch and play at the indoor play place at Chick-Fil-A. They have NEVER been to a CFA before, WOW so it was imperative I take her as soon as possible. It is about a 30 minute drive to CFA and so we really have to plan the outing.

First of all, both the girls thought it was SO fun having a pal in the back seat to ride with, they were giggling and holding hands the whole drive there. We knew we were in for some fun!

We arrived at CFA only to see a line a mile long, no parking AND two guys dressed in cow suits. After much debate we decided to endure the crowd since we had driven so far. We HIKED from a far away land parking spot (remember, I have to carry Addison not to mention baby manna attached to me!) and got lucky enough to find a table right when we walked in.

Addison devoured FIVE nuggets and an entire fruit cup PLUS some of her friends fries then.....the cows came inside!!!! I have never seen her get so excited about something in her entire life. She was saying "hi moo, hi moo" over and over again and giggling until she about fell over! She blew them kisses, waved wildly---anything to get their attention. Her friend was AS excited.

Finally we took them over to the cows. Addison was scared when we got up close at first, but after giving them a good ole fashioned high five, she was in HEAVEN. She snuggled up to his nose, gave him a kiss, gave high fives and "pounds", blew kisses and even petted them. She giggled the entire time. She was so sad when they had to leave!!!

All in all, it was worth the chaos (and the incredibly short afternoon nap now) to see the complete JOY on Elle and Addison's face. Priceless.

Being a stay at home mom is not easy or all fun and games, but moments like this make the challenges of staying at home with her all worth it. I love my little girl!!

The Cows entering the restaurant.

Watching the Cows enter!

This was just the beginning of her excitement...wished I had remembered to use my video camera function on my phone too!
Not so sure of Mr. Cow yet

Posing with the cow
I sacrificed my pride to get a picture of her with this cow, blah, I look TERRIBLE!

In the play place after the Cows had to, as I explained it, take a nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment