Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Finally Home

FINALLY, we are one family in D.C.; what a relief!! The drive from Mississippi only took about 15 hours. If the little bit of Thanksgiving traffic had not slowed the drive, we would have made it in about 13.5 to 14! For those of you interested in driving to come visit....I promise it is not a bad drive. My father and I both agreed it did not feel like 15 hours and we enjoyed the Father/Daughter time :)

Although the pictures below do not accurately represent the tremendous amount of unpacking accomplished thus far, these boxes represent about 8-10 boxes slammed full of kitchen and wardrobe items! Still a lot of unpacking to do, but at least we are making progress. I have even put out a few Christmas items!!

In other news, I should hear whether the hospital job is mine later this week or early next week; I am very optimistic. After speaking with the HR manager, I was surprised and impressed by all the fabulous employee benefits and programs available. From on site subsided child care to short term disability benefit---all available for part time associates!!! Keep praying this position works out quickly!!!

Love to all!



2 comments:

  1. Piper is a Virginian, now! I loved seeing a glimpse of that sweet pup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm not sure I'd make a drive from Houston to D.C. I think flying would be all the rage there :) I'm so glad Dad went with you!

    ReplyDelete