Saturday, April 2, 2011

Addison Joy is ONE!


This was the BEST one believe it or not. She is too interested in standing and playing with that Teddy bear!

Happy Birthday to our Blessing Addison!

Here is the official 12 month post and from here out....I won't be posting monthly like this *I THINK*, perhaps every couple of months.

The Stats
  • Weight: 21.4 lbs (54%); she has gained about 12 pounds since she was born
  • Height: 30.25 inches (85%); she has grown over 8 inches since she was born
  • Head: 18.5 inches (93%, giant head, wowzers!)
  • Diaper Size: 4
  • Clothing Size: 18 Month mostly due to length
  • Conclusion: Long and lean just like Daddy. The doctor shared that once solids are the primary food source and thus breastfeeding decreases, genetics related to weight finally kick in. This is why Addison has alway been in the HIGH percentiles in weight until the last few months when we started winding down breastfeeding. Breastfed babies just tend to be chunky :) Now we see that she takes after Daddy even more than we though!

The Milestones
  • Talking: She can say---baby, meme (mom), ball, out, up, down, bottle, daddy, dog, hat, piper, bye, duck, Addison. Maybe that's it...but I am not sure I cannot keep up.
  • Sign Language: EXPLOSION here! She seems to pick up a new sign after only showing it to her a few times. We have been wokring on more abstract things like---Thank you, please, again and potty.
  • Mobility: I still maintain she is far from walking but she is getting a little more gutsy now. She will purposfully stand unassisted but as soon as she has the slightest wobble, she gives up. She will sometimes do a half step dive into you...that is as close as she is to walking. Although, she does cruise along anything and everything as well as crawl FAST---who needs to walk when you can do that??? :)
  • Breastfeeding: WHEW!!!! We are DONE!!! I am down to pumping once or twice a day and that is wrapping up to a CLOSE soon. If you had not read from a post titled "Little Manna", we are expecting baby 2 in October so I think the milk machine needs a break. Plus, I cannot keep up with the calories I need to feed me, Addison and Lil Mana--I have been losing weight! Addison still takes a bottle of expressed milk before bed and I believe as soon as that is frozen milk, she will want to drop it. So we are on milk in a cup all day and then she gets water in the evening if she wants it.
  • Eating: I am THANKFUL she is SUCH a great eater!!!!! She eats almost anything we offer her and eats TONS. I am not sure where it all goes because she is thinning out.
  • Overall Personality: She is so sweet and tries very hard to be obedient. We are currently working on sharing and giving up objects without huge objections. She seems to pick one toy to take around with her everywhere during her wake time and then is reluctant to give it up when it is nap time. I say "let's put XYZ back" she smiles, complies and then realizes the object is gone. She lets out one little cry and is usually over it within 1-2 minutes at most. She LOVES to get people's attention when we go places, wave bye at them and give them a cheese ball smile. She is a JOY. Period. But I know I am partial.
  • Routine: Nothing has changed here. I STILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Teething: Still waiting on the molars. You can see where there are some bumps back there, but nothing has cut yet.
  • Independent Play: We are up to 25-30 minutes each morning and hopefully we will get back into the groove of some IP in the afternoon soon. We have been busy and sick this month!
  • Pacifier: I thought I would comment on this here. Ever since we started to wean from breastfeeding, Addison has taken a liking to the pacifier. I think now that she has a cup, her sucking need is not satisfied as it was previously. I am not against the pacifier at all, but we try to be careful when we use it. If she had the choice I think she would have it a lot, but we reserve it for bedtime, the car when it is a long drive and emergencies when her loud crying/fussing is inappropriate and disruptive to others (i.e. church or restaurant).
  • ONE: So cute...when you ask how old she is she holds up a ONE with her finger :)
She really is such a sweetie and we are blessed to have this little Joy! Addison is just a generally happy little (dare I say it) toddler. We have our bad days like anyone else, but those are the rarity. We are so thankful for her and so thankful for everyone else in her life that expresses love to her!


See long and lean....check out those skinny legs!



Matching Spongebob PJS :)

She loves sticking her tounge out!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Happy first Birthday to her and happy wonderful first year of parenthood to you guys!!! Your posts are so inspiring & I can't wait to steal some of your ideas for myself! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am IN LOVE with those last two photos in the matching Sponge Bob pjs!! Absolutely precious!!

    ReplyDelete