Saturday, April 2, 2011

Little Manna

"From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another."
John 1:16
(New Living Translation)

We are thrilled to share that the Grant Gang will get a little bigger around October 20, 2011 with the addition of our Little Manna.

Since we decided not find out gender again with this baby, we wanted to select a nickname for the baby during pregnancy. As many of you may remember, we referred to Addison as "Blessing" the entire time we were pregnant. After sifting through several choices (Agape, Love, Monkey, Little One, etc.), we settled on Little Manna for this baby.

God blessed the Israelites with Manna (or bread of heaven) when they were sojourning in dessert on their way to Canaan. God showed his grace and mercy to his people by blessing and providing them food to sustain their life. For us to refer to the new baby as "Little Manna" reminds us that God has given us this second blessing from heaven and that He will provide for us the means, ability, discernment, knowledge and patience required. We prayed that God would give us a second child in HIS timing, not ours. Which reminds me of a passage in Psalms referring to the Israelites.

"They asked, and he brought quail,
and gave them bread from heaven in abundance."
Psalm 105:40
(English Standard Version)

Please pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy. Also, please pray for the transitions Addison will face adding a second child to the family. Lastly (but not least) please pray for God to continue to prepare Matthew and I for a second baby. I really believe God prepares us in a "Just In Time" fashion (all you Business and Accounting people know what I talking about). We may not feel ready, but when the occasion arises HE never fails us.

We have a BOUNCER on our hands! Lil Manna did NOT stop bouncing during this ultrasound! I KNEW I felt something the other day, now I know why!!

6 comments:

  1. No way!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I will be sure to pray for your growing family!! :) How far along are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that's wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you all! I can't wait to meet Addison and some point and now Little Manna too! Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!! I am SO excited for you all!!! So 18 months apart? That will be perfect! :) Don't worry, Addison will transition perfectly to the addition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and Matt. What a wonderful addition and bit of news. I have 2 grandbabies due about that time (Sept and Nov) so I'll be keeping up. So happy for you!
    Susan Schindewolf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just getting around to reading blogs that I missed while out of the country. . .a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you guys!!!!! SoOoOoO hasppy for y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete