Friday, October 7, 2011

13 DAYS!!!

Only 13 days until Manna is due...its really starting to set in how soon Manna will join our family! AND we will know the gender soon!!!!! I love the labor and delivery process so much, but I look most forward to hearing my wonderful husband tell me "ITS A GIRL" or "ITS A BOY" with excitement, joy and surprise in his voice; nothing is sweeter.

38 Weeks with Manna; check out my HALLOWEEN socks :)

38 weeks with Blessing/Addison

Comparing Bellies: All of a sudden, the way Manna used to spread all the way up and down my tummy seems to have changed a bit. Seems like Manna is poking way out and low whereas with Addison I was still high and spread out. Oh how I love being pregnant!!!

Doctor Appointment Summary (37 weeks 5 day):
  • BP: 105/70
  • Heartbeat: 140's..hmmm...girl??
  • Measurement: Same as last week, 36. Doctor explained measurement can hold steady for a week or two when the baby begins to drop.
  • Position: Head down, dropped slightly but not full engaged. No internal exam.
  • Overall: Saw a doctor again this time; he said everything is looking good and he, like EVERYONE ELSE AT THE PRACTICE since my 35 wk ultrasound has all but done a jig that this one MIGHT be smaller than Addison. Ug, I admit--this is getting on my nerves. He thinks maybe I didnt gain as much weight this time around (i find that hard to believe) but he says he can tell I am in very good shape. I asked if my rigorous and regular exercise (up until this week) could have caused a smaller baby and he said absolutely not. Oh well, what can you do? It is nice that they keep reassuring me I have done nothing wrong IF this baby is smaller. I do not know why, but I have it stuck in my head that a BIG BABY = a healthy baby. And when I say big I mean 9 pounds. I KNOW this is not true. Matthew reminds me....trust God, I have done everything I can!
  • Next Appointment: Monday October 10; 38 weeks 4 days. No internal exam planned, yay!
How am I feeling?

I do NOT feel over 38 weeks pregnant at all! I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions and a few regular ones too. I am staying busy and loving all the movements---even the ones that hurt! Manna is a mover, especially at night when we have put Addison to bed; it's as if Manna knows that is when he/she can get attention! I still hope that Manna stays put until due date or even a few days late. I think thats what made Addison put the chunk on :) I will miss being pregnant even though it will be nice to get my body almost back and end this acid reflux. I cannot wait to start running again and doing sit ups---that's sick right?

Matthew and I say everyday how anxious we are to meet Manna. The experience is totally different the second time around, we know what to expect and we are so much more confident about being parents than with Addison (remember, Matthew and I had only been married about 2 months when we got pregnant with her by surprise). We look forward to seeing the two little ones interact too.

Prayer Requests:
  • Pray for continued safety of Manna
  • Praise him for protecting Manna and I for the last 9 months
  • Pray for a safe delivery
  • Pray for HIS timing and method of delivery
  • Pray for Addison's adjustment
  • Pray for Matthew and I as we prepare and as we continue to try to parent as God leads
  • Pray for all the other new mommies and mommies to be for health and safety too; we know so many people who recently had babies or are expecting; Pray they seek God as they parent

No comments:

Post a Comment