- Progress: 3 cm dilated; 50-60% effaced still. Head down and in pelvis but not applied at. My babies like to just sit in my pelvis.
- Reviewed results of ultrasound last week: Doctor agreed my due date was probably off a week but that does not change anything this late in the game. Just means this one probably wont be as big as Addison. I HATE that they did not explain the entire report to me...they only focus on the size!!!! My friend Tonya went over it with me and helped me see that there is some great news in there, which distracts me from the size GUESSES. Manna scored an 8 out of 8 on the Biophysical Profile, the fluid levels were great and Manna had fluid in his/her stomach and bladder! YAY!!
- BP: 110/60
- Fetal Heart Rate: 130's. Took forever to find it; Manna did not cooperate.
- Fundal Height: Little to no change. The last few doctors believe this is just how I carry my babies at the end. They just sit in my pelvis, but do not fully engage which makes it difficult to obtain accurate fundal height and u/s measurements.
- Next Steps: My final appointment is Monday October 24. Assuming we do not have Manna between now and then that is the day we will set an induction. They will still only allow me to go 7 days late so it will more than likely take place on 26th or 27th. We shall see. However we are still hoping to go into labor naturally!!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
39 Week Doctor Appointment
Quick update from the doctor visit today....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hate that they keep focusing on size! You need to hear some positive things come out of their mouths. Like your baby, although a week younger than we originally thought, is fully developed and would be in perfect shape if he or she decided to come see us this evening. To me, that's what I would need to hear so that I wouldn't worry about going into labor too soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie. I think the weight is good enough news, but I mean...you know how much they have been harping on "Its gonna be huge" this whole time. Let's move on. :)
ReplyDelete