I saw a doctor again today vs. a midwife, they always seem a little more anxious to get me into delivery than the midwives. Concerns still remain that this one could end up large despite my 35 week ultrasound indicating that its "average". AND we did end up with an exam today.
Summary:
- Heartbeat: 140's again, man this baby is trying to make it hard for us to speculate gender
- BP: 102/70, YAY!!! Although, I can't wait to get back to my normal BP of 90's/60's :)
- Fundal Height: No change/slightly smaller again. Apparently it's normal for this to be steady/decline towards then end as the baby descends.
- Position: Head down, very low but not fully engaged.
- Progress: "A good 1 cm dilated" to use the doctor's words and 60% effaced; translation: HARDLY ANYTHING SINCE 36 WEEKS. As with Addison I seem to get "stuck" around this point; with Addison I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced from week 36 until I was induced 11 days post due date.
- Movements/Contractions: I think I have been having braxton hicks contractions fairly regularly, however I don't know if I had any with Addison so I cannot be 100% certain that's what I am feeling. Manna is still a mover, much more than big sister Addison was.
- Next Steps: Ultrasound schedule for Friday afternoon to check on size again. The doctors are not convinced the baby will be average despite my 35 week ultrasound saying it was. They think it will still end up relatively large, especially if I go to the due date or beyond. At this point, babies are just packing on the pounds. Induction discussions already started, the doctor asked if I would be willing to consider inducing next week; we declined pending the ultrasound findings. She also asked if she could "strip my membranes" today, which we also declined pending the ultrasound findings. We declined because she said the baby is healthy, I am healthy and there is NOT an emergency situation. We will re-evaluate on Tuesday at my next appointment. We would like to get to the due date before intervening at all and the doctor thought that was perfectly fine. They just want me to have an "easier labor" this time (Addison was 36+ hours and 4 hours pushing) but we would like to allow Manna time to come on his/her's own time IF possible. We know that a post due date induction is highly likely, but since we are opting for no pain meds again, we would like it to be as natural yet as safe as possible.
Only 10 days to due date, hard to believe we are already here!! We cannot wait to add Manna to our family, although it already seems like he/she is. Please continue to pray for Manna's healthy arrival as well as our family as we prepare for the new arrival (emotionally, spiritually, financial, etc.).
So proud of you for sticking to your plans! I imagine it's not easy when the doctor wants to do something different.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet this sweet baby. I am praying for you! Love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!! Well the docs want what is best and they want an easy delivery for me, but I know in my heart that this is the right thing today, we may feel different after Friday's u/s.
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable!!! I got your email while we were traveling and then got home to no internet. Thankfully its back up again now and I am going to write you back tomorrow. I cannot wait for little Manna to get here :).
ReplyDelete