Monday, October 24, 2011

40 Weeks, 4 days

We went to our final prenatal appointment today.  Below is the summary.

  • BP:  112/64 high for me
  • Fetal Heart Rate:  124
  • Fundal Height:  No significant changes
  • Progress:  No progress since last appointment
  • Next Steps:  Midwife stripped my membranes, not painful for me--guess I am lucky.  That may or may not help move labor along, but we are hopeful it will.  I have felt only slightly different since then but that could be the placebo effect at work :)  The midwife also feels like it will not take a whole lot of help to get this baby going if we do get induced.
  • INDUCTION DAY:  Induction is set for Thursday, October 27 at 6 AM.  This is the LAST day they would let us go :)
Whether Manna is induced Thursday or comes on his.own----we get to meet Manna THIS WEEK!!!  We cannot wait to meet Manna, name Manna, know Manna's gender see Addison as a big sister, swaddle up Manna and be a family of four!!!  I cannot believe the pregnancy is almost over...sniff, sniff.  I will miss being pregnant :)

We appreciate your prayers this week and particularly on Thursday.  We will post an update here and plan to send an announcement email, but I am CERTAIN we will inadvertently leave someone off.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you!!! Don't do too much "nesting" either....leave some things undone and be a little "unprepared" and then Manna will come on!! Ha!
    Can't wait to see post and pictures!!
    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! I can't wait for the announcement :) I'm so excited for ya'll!! Praying for a MUCH quicker/easier labor for you this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10/27/2011 is a great day for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be great! Can't wait to hear the good news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait!! I will be waiting by the phone for updates on you and baby Manna!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear about the new addition! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete