Happy 18 months to Addison Joy!
Addison surely is the joy of our lives, especially lately; I find us laughing constantly at our crazy little family. It has been a long time since I have done an update on Addison, so I thought 18 months would be a good time to do it! The bear will be a once a year thing from now on...expect for Manna!!!!!
18 Month Doctor Visit Summary:
- Height: 33.5-33.75 inches; 91%
- Weight: 25.5 lbs; 61%
- Head: 91% (dont remember exact measurement)
- Autism: I was pleased that my doctor conducts formal autism screening as early as possible--18 months. Although we had no concerns about autism, I am glad that it was medically backed up she does not demonstrate any autism red flags.
- Diaper Rash: Addison happen to have a wicked diaper rash when we were already scheduled to go for her well baby visit. The doctor recommended a concoction of desitin, lamisil and neosporin; WOW within two diaper changes it was almost completely gone!!!
- Shots: Three shots including a flu shot. Now everyone has gotten a flu shot now, so hopefully we won't bring the flu home to little Manna this flue season.
- Overall: The doctor was pleased with her verbal ability, mobility, growth and ability to understand/interact. It was a GREAT doctor's visit!!
Other Updates:
- General Disposition: As with any toddler, we have our tantrum moments, but overall Addison is still a generally easy going and happy kid.
- Verbal: Blown away. That describes us every day when we listen to Addison talk. She can say any word you say, she repeats everything and REMEMBERS everything. I think the biggest change over the past month has been verb usage and sentences. Addison has started to learn verb tenses (-ing, -ed, etc.) and tries to use them. This also means that she builds more complex sentences "Piper is running", "Piper barked". She uses articles a lot too, so strange how they figure all this stuff out. I still love that she always says "I see the moon" every time its out! The moment her eyes open in the morning or from a nap she is talking and narrating everything going on.
- General Learning: I could not be more proud of all the things Addison has been learning and refining. She can identify (out of order) all but a couple letters of the alphabet, she can identify 7 basic shapes (square, triangle, circle, star, heart, moon), can identify SOME colors, knows her name and age, her body parts and articles of clothing! We are working colors, left/right and counting a lot now.
- Time Concept: Only recently, Addison has been trying to figure out yesterday, today, tomorrow, later, now, etc. Occasionally, she remembers (and understands) what we did yesterday or that I said we would do something later when it is actually later. Its neat.
- Independence: Addison seems to need the boundaries that her independent play time offers. We generally have 25-40 minutes of play pen time daily (length depends on what else we have going on that day) and 20 minutes of blanket time every other day. Blanket time is still a work in progress; we are up to about 95% compliance.
- School: LOVES SCHOOL! She cannot get away from me fast enough when I drop her off. She talks about Mrs. Sandy and what she did that day the whole way home. Naming off all her classmates is a favorite as well. I am pleased with how school has already seemed to help her with socialization and separation anxiety. The consistency of school 2 days a week will be key to her adjustment to Manna's arrival.
- Mealtime: For those of you who know me or read my blog, I have never loved mealtimes. I love cooking, but I do not enjoy the inevitable discipline opportunities or the also inevitable battle of wills. I am learning that variety is key these days. Addison is a great eater and even better when she has several different things to eat. She is showing preferences with her foods, but she FINALLY understands that she is expected to try a little of everything she is served and there is no alternative meal if she does not like something. However, if we serve her a radically new food I do not expect be in love at first bite. I expect her to try it and if after trying she does not like it---THEN I will give an alternative because its new! She LOVES to try anything we eat, even though its always the same thing she is eating!!!
Her Favorites:
- Color: Green and Purple
- Food: Bananas, Grapes, Cheese, Broccoli, Noodles of any kind, cupcakes, crackers
- Words/Phrases: "I see the moon", "Hi
, "Tickle please", "Read the book", "Night night" (lays down then quickly pops up) Wake up", "Daddy at work" - Activities: Coloring, finger painting, puzzles, playing with Piper, playing with her friend Elle (a year older than her) hinny time (when she runs around her room naked after her evening bath), giving hugs and kisses to things---even things that are not alive (a chair, a tree, lol)
- Toy: Babies
- Place to Go: Chick-Fil-A or the playground
My how we are blessed with a delightful little girl. I look forward to seeing her as a big sister very soon. Children sure can bring you frustration, but...the joys, smiles and laughter erase those before you even have time to let it get you down. This age is magical to me.
October 2011
Hugging the bear...sweet girl
October 2011
Trying to hug Piper; Piper is such a good sport these days
October 2011
Addison Said: "Nose Piper. Touch Piper Nose" as we took this picture
October 2011
September 2011
Cheesing it up on webcam for Mia and Piper as we did a fashion show of all her consignment clothes we bought for the winter.
SMOOTHIE TIME!!! She grins with delight every time she hears the bullet making her and Matthew a smoothie (its plain all natural yogurt blended with fruit with a dash of vanilla, nutritious and delicious)
August 2011
I can't wait to see her.
ReplyDelete