Preliminary findings indicate the due date may be off by a week; in other words I am 39 weeks but the tech feels like this is probably a 38 week baby despite the estimated fetal weight of approximately 7.5 lbs. We have suspected this all along, but they do not change due dates if they are only off by a week or a week and a half. Unlike the 35 week ultrasound, Manna was very cooperative and actually has been really calm all day today.
What does this mean? Lots of "unofficial" (not official until the doctor complies his/her report) good things....
- Estimated weight is 7.5 lbs, but (according to my doctors) this does not measure any body fat.
- They will probably allow me to go up to 7 days late. That doesn't sound like good news to most people, but it IS good news when you REALLY want to go into labor on your own and naturally
- Baby Manna is still the perfect size
- No abnormalities
- Head down and low low
- Manna has lots of fluid still (not like big sister)
All in all I think it was all very positive. We will return to the doctor Tuesday (2 days before d-day) for our weekly check up; we are hoping they are supportive (and feel its safe) for us to allow Manna some time to come on his/her own. I think I am destine for an induction or something to help start my labor, but you never know.
Matthew and I tend to take the estimated weights with a grain of salt because they can be up to 25% off in either direction. Only the Lord knows whats going on with Manna and I have to remind myself constantly that HE is in control of timing and size and everything else.


great update ;)
ReplyDelete