Thursday, September 27, 2012

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom: Enjoy the Moment

After a challenging day when I just feel like I need a break (aka last confessions post), the following day I always try to simply enjoy my children. Forget the cleaning. Forget the schedule (well for the most part). Forget the cooking. After my September 25 post, I did just that--enjoyed the moment. We went to the zoo with some other friends and I am so glad we did; that's the most fun I have had in a while. Caleb missed his morning nap completely. He went down way too late for a marathon afternoon nap and Addison's nap was also monumentally late. All that was forgotten as I watched the the smiles and heard the infectious giggles of not only my children but my friends little ones as well.

What a wonderful way to follow a challenging day! I know I sound like a broken record, but wow...I am so thankful. The challenging days make these sweet moments even sweeter. I can't imagine missing these moments. I fall short so many moments out of the day, but I am thankful for our Father's forgiveness and teachings.  It is amazing how much an 11 month old and a 2 year old can teach me each day; I never though I would learn so much from such young children!  I sure do love my sweet babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment