Addison started back to school on the second day of school since we had just started potty training. She was very excited to go back to school, but I was not quite sure how she would react considering all the changes recently (big move, new room, no paci, potty training, new school, new church, etc.).
This year Addison will attend Tuesdays and Thursday 9-2:30. She is right in the middle on the ages in her class. Our goal for her school program this year is the same as last year, learn to experience life outside of mommy/home, socialize and be loved on by christian women. Next year, our focus will be a bit different.
Upon arriving, she was VERY confused where Ms. Sandy (last year's teacher) was. She looked everywhere. Distraught, she started tearing up and told me she wanted to go home. Clearly that was not an option so I kissed her and assured her I would return just like I did with Ms. Sandy. She fussed and teared up, but within one minute she forgot about me completely.
When I picked her up I learned she went ALL DAY without going potty, YIKES. BUT no accidents, I can't complain right? Her teachers could not stop talking about how well behaved she is and how well she can write her letters. We were very proud!!! I consider it a successful first day!!!!
She was excited I assure you, but she does not know how to do anything but a CHEESE BALL smile these days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment