I confess that today, today I wish I had a job to find refuge from the fussy fanatics that were my children today. "SANCTUARY, SANCTUARY" is what I was lamenting in my head today. I will not go into the details of why, but it was just one of those challenging days. I just wanted to get away from the fussing and when I looked at my watch I realized, if I worked I would be working right now rather then listening to the gut wrenching cries of my little ones (I know some of you are very against cry it out, but just go with me here). I also thought about how I would be talking to adults at that very moment instead of tired babies that cannot rationalize anything.
In hindsight I always realize it was not as bad as it felt in the moment but it does not make the moment any easier. It is also in hindsight that I can rationally look back on the moment and realize, although I will always experience more bad moments being around my children 24/7 I will also experience more good. Missing first words, first steps, first sentences, first scraped knee, first trip to the playground, first time to get stuck standing up in the crib, etc would break my heart. I cannot imagine missing those sweet first moments and that also means, I get to experience the not so fun ones too. I will take it.
Perhaps I am alone in occasional moments like this. But it is moments like this that make me realize how blessed and yet incredibly challenged I am to have the privilege of being home with my children.
I am thankful for a friend who reminded me today that the lord renews us each day. Today was the pits, but He renews me tomorrow.
:) We all have those days, but you can always keep your focus on the bigger picture and that's why I love you!
ReplyDelete