There was a ball in the vase for everyday Matthew was gone and Addison took one out for everyday that he was gone; when it was empty--that was the day he came home. She loved it!
Matthew sent me these one week into the two week. It was so unexpected and so thoughtful.
Painting to give him in the car at the airport
Sign in the dining room.
Dairy free cupcakes I made with Addison. It doubled as a test run for Caleb's birthday cupcakes and a welcome home happy for Matthew!
These were supposed to be a surprise when we got home from the airport but Addison spilled the beans within 2 minutes of seeing Matthew. Like Mother like daughter :)
When I was turned around making the frosting, the Cupcake Monster attacked!
Making cupcakes is fun!
Dairy free frosting is tricky, it melted within 30 seconds out of the fridge. BUT I learned something...it's all in the spirit of learning for Caleb's birthday :)
Her "cupcakes"
Welcome home dinner at Chilis
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, man I feel so bad for you!!! I HATE when Chad is out of town, everything seems to go wrong all at once for some reason!!! Way to go, you definitely earned your Mama Stripes!!! We have yet to deal with a stomach virus either, (knock on wood).... I saw on Pinterest a trick to keep tummy bugs away was a glass of grape juice every day (not the fruit juice cocktail, the real deal juice). Although, it sounds like she had food poisoning. Poor girl!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a home welcoming for M!! I bet everyone was thrilled for him to be back!
ReplyDeleteP.S. LOVE her baking chefs hat ;)
ReplyDeleteLove Addison's chefs hat!! I wish you would have made one for yourself and taken a picture.
ReplyDelete